No compensation in any form was sought or accepted for including research links on this page. If you publish a website related to organized crime history and believe it would be of interest to our visitors, email us the address of the site for our review. Publishers of websites related to organized crime history and American history are welcome to provide links to pages on The American Mafia History website (https://mafiahistory.us/). Please note that the website is the copyrighted property of Thomas Hunt of Whiting, Vermont.
Other Web Links
United States & Worldwide
• Writers of Wrongs: News, Notes and Excerpts blog contains crime history and current events notes shared by authors Christian Cipollini, Patrick Downey, John DuMond, Thomas Hunt, Rose Keefe, Chriss Lyon, Ellen Poulsen, Gavin Schmitt, Robert Walsh, Richard N. Warner, Daniel Waugh.
• Gangsters Incorporated examines the Mafia and other criminal organizations through historial articles, news items, Mob Corner columns. Published by David Amoruso
• Mafia Genealogy follows the family tree connections of U.S. Mafiosi (particularly those originally from Corleone, Sicily). By Justin Cascio.
• About the Mafia, presents a collection of articles on organized crime current events around the world.
• The Mafia - History & Latest News, is a news aggregator that presents a organized crime-related current events from U.S. and around the world.
• Mafia Allies discusses the secret collaboration of the Mafia and the Allies in World War II. Author: Tim Newark.
• Cosa Nostra News blog contains posts about organized crime current events and history. Publisher: Ed Scarpo.
• GangRule - The History of the Mafia focuses on the early years of Italian-American organized crime in New York City. Website published by Jon Black, author of Secret Societies: A Graphic History of Organized Crime.
• Crime Magazine - An Encyclopedia of Crime features articles relating to organized crime history. Edited by J. Patrick O'Connor.
• AmericanMafiaHistory.com chronicles events and presents biographies related to the American Mafia. Published by Michael M. Dickson.
• NCS: National Crime Syndicate, established in 2013, provides articles about Mafia history by writers around the globe.
• Mafia Membership Charts has tables of member listings for Mafia crime families in various eras and related articles. By Bill Feather.
• Up to Date Cosa Nostra LCN Charts, WordPress site, features graphical membership charts for organized crime families. Compiled by Mükremin Gül
• Informer: The History of American Crime and Law Enforcement, published since September 2008 in print and electronic formats, specializes in American Mafia history. Published by Thomas Hunt.
• The Valachi Files presents a collection of original documents from Mafia turncoat Joseph Valachi's 1963 testimony before the McClellan Committee.
• The Mob Museum: The National Museum of Organized Crime & Law Enforcement provides online exhibits and blog posts. Located at 300 Stewart Avenue, Las Vegas, Nevada.
New York, NY
• Gangster Era Reborn photographs of crime figures and murder scenes relating to New York's Prohibition-era underworld. By Ismael Abdusalaam. (Caution: graphic violence)
• The New York Mafia, features a collection of articles and biographies focused on organized crime history of New York City but including related subjects in other regions.
• The Mob and the City: The Hidden History of How the Mafia Captured New York, Facebook page, contains information related to the book by Alex Hortis.
• The Case Against of Lucky Luciano: New York's Most Sensational Vice Trial relates to author Ellen Poulsen's book about the trial that put the nation's most influential crime boss behind bars.
• Wrongly Executed? The Long-Forgotten Context of Charles Sberna's 1939 Electrocution contains information on the early New York Mafia and the regional anarchist movement. By Thomas Hunt.
• The Chicago Outfit - Past & Present, Facebook group (approval necessary for membership), includes posts relating to all aspects of Chicago organized crime history.
• My Al Capone Museum, by Mario Gomes, is an authority on the Capone-era underworld of Chicago. Site includes bios, photos, clippings related to Outfit figures and events.
• The Chicago Syndicate features articles on organized crime history and current events focused on the Chicago area. Publisher: "Joe Batterz."
Los Angeles, CA
• The Los Angeles Mafia, Facebook group (approval necessary for membership), is dedicated to all aspects of organized crime and corruption in southern California and Las Vegas.
• DiCarlo: Buffalo's First Family of Crime provides information on the history of organized crime in western New York. Coauthors: Thomas Hunt and Michael A. Tona.
New Orleans, LA
• Deep Water: Joseph P. Macheca and the Birth of the American Mafia provides information on the late 19th Century Mafia in New Orleans. Coauthors: Thomas Hunt and Martha Macheca Sheldon.
• New Orleans: Whistles in the Night, Facebook public group, contains posts relating to the October 1890 assassination of local police chief David Hennessy and the lynchings of eleven Italian-Americans in March 1891.
• New England Organized Crime, Facebook public group, focuses on the historic events and personalities of organized crime in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut.
Kansas City, MO
• Organized Crime Files Collection, KC History, contains information on Kansas City crime family compiled by the Kansas City Star.